The Ceremony Site

The Ceremony Site
Amnicon Falls Covered Bridge

Monday, July 13, 2009

Ooops, or Andrea Gets a Dress, Take 2

Ok, so I thought something was off with my dress when my aunt brought it home from the great northwoods. The day I got it, I thought, "this seems a little darker/more 'gold' than I thought." So, I figured I would compare it to the color swatch I had at home.

Well, Grandpa died the next day. Literally. Needless to say, it sort of popped out of my mind for a couple of weeks.

Having made an appointment with the tailor to talk about fitting the dress correctly, I found the swatch. Umm....can we say, I was right?

So now, I am taking the dress back up to Ashland this weekend. The gal talked to the manufacturer, and a "super rush" is going to be put on the new/correct color. She wants to see the correct color swatch I have, and be absolutely certain we get it right. She thought it was off, too, and when she asked her assistant about it, the woman said "well, she said she didn't want white..." Did the dye lots change? Was the swatch in the wrong place or labeled wrong at the store? Did a number get entered wrong? We don't know, but Embellishments in Ashland is being very responsible about taking care of this for me.

No, I do not want white, or even ivory--which looks white until it is put up against a stark white background. However, borderline gold is not quite what I was going for, despite that is would work for an autumn wedding. Oh well. I am crossing my fingers, and am also preparing to use the dress I have, if needed.

At least it gives me perspective about all those crazy Bridezillas...because, let's face it: the dress is the one thing that really should be "right." However, I also do not feel the need to pitch a fit and fall in it, dragging everyone down with me, disappointed though I am. *Sigh* Just when you think everything is going as scheduled...Here's hoping this is the only "crisis."

No comments:

Post a Comment