The Ceremony Site

The Ceremony Site
Amnicon Falls Covered Bridge

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"What's for Dinner?!"

So, it has been a few weeks since the last post, and I thought it might be nice to let you all know what to expect on the menu for the upcoming celebration. I have some of this on the details page, but just in case you can't open that link...

First, the post-ceremony picnic: We will be supplying brats, buns, chips, beer, soda & wine, and cheese curds. Yes, cheese curds (this IS Wisconsin, after all...). If you want hard liquor, BYOB; it IS legal in the state of WI to have alcohol of all kinds in the State Parks (unlike MN). We are not doing dessert, because there will be a plethora of sweets to choose from come reception time.

Speaking of the reception, food includes: Beef in a red wine reduction, Chicken in a mushroom cream sauce, garlic-smashed potatoes, sweet potatoes in brown sugar, steamed veggies, and rolls. Oh, and cake, of course...lots and LOTS of cake (there's a little surprise with that one we'll leave you to wait and see). We will be toasting the wedding with Mead, not champagne, but we'll have a little white wine if Mead is not your thing. As for other alcoholic beverages, there will be a cash bar to quench your thirst.

As for other updates, I now have my dress, and am trying to get a hold of a local woman for alterations. If she proves impossible to reach (and she could be...long story), I will just take it back to the place where I bought it for a quick hemming. I am also getting a little miffed with the person who is to do our calligraphic scroll that is taking the place of a guestbook--3 days and no reply from the email I sent, reminding her of our agreement/my order. One would think a business owner would be a little more on top of things. Maybe she is on vacation.

Lastly, please remember to send your reply card; I know we said until August 1st. I also know of two people who have lost theirs already! Oops. Maybe I was a little preemptive...but I am just a planner like that. Less than 3 months to go! We're looking forward to a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment