The Ceremony Site

The Ceremony Site
Amnicon Falls Covered Bridge

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

GUEST: PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!

Folks: This is a VERY important post. I have had a call from the River Rock Inn, asking me if I could "unblock" the rooms. Since only 2 people from the wedding party have made reservations there, I told them OK. Also, the rooms at the Best Western are going to open up here SOON.

Why is this so important? Because if you have not made reservations, you NEED to do so soon. I know there is still a month to go; however, I have been informed that, not only is the Fat Tire Festival going on down by Cable (and don't kid yourself: people stay 40 miles away in Ashland for that), there is also a Bass fishing contest going on in the area the weekend of our wedding.

This means HOTELS WILL FILL UP FAST IN THE NEXT 4 WEEKS!! Yes, there are a number of hotels in the area. However, if you want to be able to pick and choose--and not potentially spend a fortune, sleep in a "dive," or have to stay in the Duluth area--it would be best to get a room ASAP... as in, maybe before-this-coming-weekend soon.

We have 57 confirmed adults, including all the wedding party, with 3 smaller children. This is a total of 60 people. There are a few I am still waiting on, so it could be up to 70 people. I am going to guess maybe 65. It is a mix of my family, RJ's family, our mutual friends, and our "biking family". Heck! We might be able to introduce you all to one another! (no silly name games, though...)

Things are coming together nicely. It sounds like I should (knock on wood) have my dress in early September. Yea! The party favors for guests are pretty much done, the Deepwater knows how many to plan for, the party music is all lined up, and various small things are all set. Hooray! Let the count-down begin. Tick-tock, Tick-tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment