The Ceremony Site

The Ceremony Site
Amnicon Falls Covered Bridge

Friday, September 4, 2009

The Final Countdown

Should I start singing a Def Leppard song now? That's what it feels like. Only 2 weeks left. The dress FINALLY got to Ashland, and they turned around & shipped it right to me. I should have it very shortly after the holiday weekend. Now I just have to let the gal who does the alterations know & get an appointment set for that. But, we have brats & curds all lined up; we just need buns, chips, & some drinks!

The balloons are ordered & will be ready for pick up on Friday the 18th. The cakes are all set up. I should call the flower shop & make sure I can get those on the 18th. The biggest thing left is the lady who is doing our guest scroll. I still have concerns about her; but maybe that is just a little stress leaking out.

On a happier note, RJ & I got a waiver from the state of Wisconsin; this means no 5-day waiting period, so we do not have to drive to Superior before the wedding to apply for the license. We can just drive up on the 17th with our passports & driver's licenses, wait 20-30 minutes, & have a license for Saturday. Hooray! The $25 extra to do this is worth it, since it would cost us about twice that (or more) in gas to drive up to Superior & back--and that's not counting the over 4 hour round trip drive.

RJ's mom is coming in tonight, and will be around until the 13th; then off to her Michigan relatives until wedding time, at which point she will drive through the U.P. to get to northern Wisconsin with them. By then, only 6 days to wedding bells. Eek. I just want to have one heck of a fun party!

No comments:

Post a Comment