The Ceremony Site

The Ceremony Site
Amnicon Falls Covered Bridge

Friday, April 3, 2009

Being Gifted

So, my aunt calls today, and asks where we are registered. Yes, we did register at a few places (see list + "other ideas"). She said she would tell a few people who are invited. This is interesting, because I just read that the places a couple register should not be put in the actual invitations. Now, granted, this was from the Twin Cities Bridal Guide (courtesy of my mother, who got it for free, because she knows I would never buy something like that for myself. I mean, come on--it is written by "The Wedding Guys." Um....yea...that says it all right there), and they are known for following "tradition" ad nauseum.

Ok...then where should the couple put such information? The shower invites. Yea...but not everyone invited to the wedding might be invited to a shower (which, by the way, if you know me, I really don't care whether we have a shower or not--and I do mean we, since 2 of us are getting married here...). So that creates a quandry. I can put it on the blog, but not everyone invited could be computer savvy. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb (oh, excuse me...The Wedding Guys) also suggest word of mouth. Great. Except for the fact that a great number of invitees do not live in the greater metro Minneapolis area.

So, my apologies if it offends your sense of decorum, but the fact is we will probably be sending a little note with the invitations that tells people where we are registered. Given we are both cycling addicts, you know you can't go wrong with a gift card to a local bike shop (Trailhead, Bicycle Chain, or County Cycles are preferred, since Erik's & Penn Cycles are basically local evil corporations with a strangle hold on the market); you know you can't go wrong with a gift card to Target (Boutique) (that's Tar-zhey Boo-teek to the hoity toity), since they carry everything under the sun; and, everyone knows no one can go wrong with the kindness of cash. In all honesty, we're just glad you're coming--that is a gift in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment